COLLEGE ID SHOWCASE at UConn - August 1-3, 2018
FOR OVERNIGHT CAMPERS:
DORM: To be determined by the University. Will post when confirmed.
RINK: Mark Freitas Ice Forum - 509 Jim Calhoun Way, Storrs, CT
- The camp will be divided into 5-6 teams.
- Campers will find out which of the five or six teams they will be on at check-in. We always have last minute adjustments so we can not finalize the teams until a few days before the camp.
- Check-in will be in the early afternoon on Weds., Aug 1 at the dorm assigned for overnight campers. We are finalizing the schedule and will have that information closer to the start of camp, but are providing tentative timing for planning purposes.
- Once check-in time is confirmed, please do not arrive early as housing staff will not be present to check you in.
- There is limited parking at the dorm, so expect a quick drop off of personal belongings. You will then drive your child down to the rink with their hockey equipment. If you'd like to stay and attend the opening meeting you are more than welcome. You will need to park at the South Parking Garage, however to avoid ticketing by campus police. (See below on parking for more details).
- Parking passes are available at the rink for those campers driving themselves (not for parents at drop off). Drivers will be required to relinquish their car keys to the camp director to get the parking pass, and keys will be returned upon completion of camp.
- Campers will receive an ID/security card that will allow him to access dorms and will serve as a meal card at dorm check-in.
- Arrive in workout gear on Wednesday as strength and conditioning sessions will follow the opening meeting at the rink.
- The dorm assigned to us will be air conditioned and linens will be provided; this includes sheets, a pillow, a blanket and a bath and hand towel.
- Campers will just need to bring toiletries (shampoo, soap, toothbrush and toothpaste). Also a towel for the hockey bag would be helpful to shower after the last game at the rink.
- Campers will be walking their personal gear back to the rink on check-out day (Friday, Aug. 3rd), so factor that into the amount of “stuff” they bring!
- The dorms will have free Wi-Fi access.
- If you miss check-in at the dorm, day camper check-in will be at the Mark Freitas Ice Forum so just go directly there with all your overnight belongings and hockey gear. The address for GPS is 509 Jim Calhoun Way, Storrs, CT.
- Dismissal on Friday, Aug 3rd will be after the camper's game. Dismissal times will be between 2:30-5 p.m. - this is an estimate. It is not final.
- Parents, friends, relatives are invited to watch any of the practices and games, but parking in the rink lot between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. is restricted to commuter students (even during the summer) and you could be ticketed. Parking is recommended in the South Parking Garage <http://park.uconn.edu/visitor.html>, which is 0.3 miles from the rink.
- Campers will have outings and seminars around campus so relaxed, casual clothing is appropriate.
- An additional set of clean work out clothes will be useful for dry land skills on Wednesday.
- A water bottle is recommended. Drinking stations are provided at the rink and in the dining hall.
- Spending money for the Dairy Bar, bookstore and university arcade might be helpful to have.
- There is no sports shop at the rink so any gear that will be needed will have to be packed in advance, but skate sharpening is available for $5 at the rink.
- Mouth guards are required for play.
- For those with food allergies, we will post the dining hall and its menus as soon as the dorm is confirmed.
FOR DAY CAMPERS:
Check-in is at the rink on Wednesday, August 1 in the early afternoon. The rink address for GPS is 509 Jim Calhoun Way, Storrs, CT. *The schedule is not yet final so we do not have an exact time for check-in, but wanted to identify early afternoon for planning purposes.
The camp will be divided into 5-6 teams. Campers will find out which of the five or six teams they will be on at check-in at the rink. We have so many last minute adjustments that we can't finalize until a couple days before the start of camp.
Arrival times vary each day. These times are not final, but we are loosely aiming for:
- Wednesday, August 1: 1:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 2: 8:30 a.m.
- Friday, Aug 3: 8:30 a.m.
Dismissal times will vary each day. These times are not final, but we are loosely aiming for:
- Wednesday, August 1: Between 6:30-8 p.m.
- Thursday, August 2: Between 6-8 p.m.
- Friday, August 3: Between 2:30 - 5 p.m.
Campers should arrive on first day in workout gear as a strength and conditioning session will follow the opening meeting at the rink.
Parents, friends, relatives are invited to watch any of the practices and games, but parking in the rink lot between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. is restricted to commuter students (even during the summer) and could be ticketed. Parking is recommended in the South Parking Garage <http://park.uconn.edu/visitor.html>, which is 0.3 miles from the rink.
Campers driving themselves will be required to relinquish car keys to the camp director to receive a parking pass and car keys will be returned at the end of each day.
Day campers will receive the following meals: Day 1: Dinner; Day 2: Lunch and Dinner; Day 3: Lunch. Campers will receive a meal card on a lanyard at check-in at the rink.
Campers will have outings and seminars around campus so relaxed, casual clothing is appropriate.
A water bottle is recommended for each day. Drinking stations are provided at the rink and in the dining hall.
Spending money for the Dairy Bar, bookstore and university arcade might be helpful to have.
There is no sports shop at the rink so any gear will need to be purchased in advance, but skate sharpening is provided at the rink for $5.
Mouthguards are required for play.
For those that have noted allergies or other medical conditions on their registrations, a separate email will be distributed with paperwork and additional information. You all can check on menu items using the following link, http://nutritionanalysis.dds.uconn.edu/shortmenu.asp?sName=UCONN+Dining+Services&locationNum=05&locationName=McMahon+Dining+Hall&naFlag=1http://